At Ohio Hospital for Psychiatry, we are proud of the reputation we have earned for supplying clinically excellent treatment within an environment that encourages long-term healing and recovery.
Our Professional Referral Process
Ohio Hospital for Psychiatry accepts direct admissions for our adult inpatient program and our senior Generations program from a variety of referral sources located throughout the community. Our welcoming intake staff is available 24-hours a day to pre-screen direct admissions, consult with our physicians, and verify insurance benefits. All staff members at Ohio Hospital are fully able to answer any questions that you may have about the programs we offer and about the admission process so you will be able to determine if our center will best fit your patient’s needs. If you prefer, you can also obtain additional information to present your recommendations for the referral to your patient. This way clients have the option of accessing treatment by calling our admissions department independently.
Referrals to Our Generations Program
If you are referring a patient to our Generations program, here is what is needed to start the referral process:
- Fact sheet with complete demographic information
- Insurance information
- If there is a guardian or healthcare power of attorney we need their information
- An assessment describing in detail the presenting problems, behaviors/symptoms describing how the individual is meeting the criteria for acute care inpatient stabilization
- Diagnosis sheet for medical and psychiatric
- Medication list
- Four to five days of nurse notes to indicate pattern of behavior or symptoms
- Most recent lab work
Referrals for Direct Admissions
If you are referring a patient for direct admissions, the referral process includes:
- Call our intake department, which can be accessed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Documentation Needed
- Write up presenting problems that indicates requirements met for acute inpatient admission
- Primary mental health diagnosis
- Complete medication list
- List of medical problems that may exist
- Demographic sheet with patient's information
- Insurance and photo ID
- Consent forms
We are able to accept adult inpatient clients directly from your office, but they must be transported via ambulance or case management staff and consent or pink slips must be obtained prior to arrival.
If it is determined that our treatment center is appropriate for your patient, once the appropriate level of care is determined we will begin the treatment process immediately. At Ohio Hospital we are here to meet your needs and those of your patients, so don’t hesitate to contact our staff with any questions or concerns. Our admission staff does everything they can to make the referral process as smooth and easy as possible. We value all of our referral sources and understand how much you care about your patients.