At Ohio Hospital for Psychiatry, we are dedicated to providing a full spectrum of care that offers treatment at every stage, from inpatient all the way through to outpatient care. We recognize that in order for individuals to stay steady in their recovery, they must be afforded opportunities for ongoing supportive services once they have completed inpatient treatment. Additionally, when individuals are in need of therapeutic services that go beyond what is offered in traditional outpatient treatment, yet do not need the intensive care and stabilization that is offered in inpatient, they can benefit from comprehensive outpatient services that help them successfully achieve recovery.
The outpatient program for mental health treatment at our hospital in Columbus is beneficial to individuals who have a variety of clinical conditions and treatment needs. It can be an appropriate treatment option for patients who are suffering from the following:
- Symptoms of mental health conditions that interfere with their overall quality of life
- Co-occurring substance abuse or chemical dependency issues
- A preexisting mental health diagnosis, intensification of mental health symptoms, or a need for increased evaluation and assessment in order to establish appropriate treatment interventions
Outpatient programming provides valuable services for individuals who can benefit from a structured, therapeutic setting in which to begin working on their recovery from the concerns that plague them. These outpatient services are offered in a spacious, newly renovated suite in Columbus, Ohio, and are available to men and women, aged 18 and older
The outpatient services at Ohio Hospital for Psychiatry offer care through the following comprehensive programs:
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
The partial hospitalization program is a goal-oriented day treatment program that is designed to assist individuals who are battling emotional and/or behavioral issues. PHP is offered five days a week, with meetings occurring between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. The partial hospitalization program includes the following interventions, of which are implemented into each patient’s individualized treatment plan:
- Multidisciplinary evaluations
- Medication management
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Goal setting
- Stress management
Our intensive outpatient psychiatric treatment program in Columbus was created to be a supportive treatment service that is used primarily to treat mental health concerns, offering step-down care for individuals who have received inpatient treatment or treatment through our partial hospitalization program, or for individuals who need a step-up from the type of care that is offered through traditional outpatient therapy. IOP is offered on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. The following services are included as part of an individual’s treatment plan during his or her time spent in programming:
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
Both the partial hospitalization program and the intensive outpatient program at OHP implement a holistic approach to care that is designed to treat the mind, body, and spirit. Through the myriad of therapeutic interventions used, individuals are able to receive customized care that is centered on their specific needs and treatment goals. By taking part in PHP or IOP, people can succeed in making changes that promote a lifetime of good health and wellbeing.
In addition to PHP and IOP, Ohio Hospital for Psychiatry offers a number of additional outpatient services for those in need. These additional services are detailed briefly in the following:
- Medication management: Our medical staff evaluates patients’ needs for psychotropic medications and then offers follow-up appointments with them accordingly. While medication management services are offered as part of partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programming, they are also available to individuals who are not in need of participation in such programming, but rather simply require medicinal interventions and need assistance in receiving such. By obtaining medication management services at OHP, individuals are afforded ongoing monitoring so that any adjustments or changes to their medication regimen can be made if necessary.
- Behavioral health counseling: OHP offers traditional, one-on-one and group counseling services for individuals who are not taking part in the programming offered at our higher levels of care. These counseling sessions are offered to help address concerns in a number of areas, including, but not limited to, depression, anxiety, and stress management.
- Community Psychiatric Supportive Treatment (CPST): Through the Community Psychiatric Supportive Treatment (CPST) program, we, at Ohio Hospital for Psychiatry, are able to provide an array of individualized mental health services for adults that are delivered by community-based teams of professionals. CPST helps individuals achieve and maintain independence in their communities through ongoing assessments, mental health interventions, advocacy, support, linkage, referrals, and crisis intervention. These services can be provided in a variety of community or home locations in order to meet each individual’s needs. This program is designed to increase an individual’s capacity to succeed in his or her own environment. CPST groups are also conducted on Tuesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. at OHP’s Columbus location.
- Gene Site Testing
Regardless of what one’s needs may be, at Ohio Hospital for Psychiatry in Columbus, we strive to offer a vast array of treatment services so that every individual is able to receive the life-changing care that they need to recover from the concerns that they are struggling with. We aim to meet people where they are at, and are proud to be able to offer programming options that are designed to meet those individuals in their various stages of life, functioning, and recovery.
If you or someone you know could benefit from the all-encompassing care that we offer through our outpatient programming options, please do not hesitate to contact us today.