Geographically, Ohio Hospital for Psychiatry is centrally located in Ohio in the state capital Columbus with approximately 70 counties surrounding the hospital from which referrals are made. We are a 130 bed free-standing behavioral health facility that provides a continuum of behavioral healthcare services for adults and senior adults. We provide all our care in a safe and secure environment that is conducive to healing and recovery. Ohio Hospital consists of five separate and distinct units, including:
- Geriatric Unit
- Geriatric Medical Unit
- Crisis Stabilization Unit
- Intensive Care Unit
- Dual Diagnosis Unit
- Intensive Outpatient Unit
At Ohio Hospital for Psychiatry, we make every effort to impart our values on every aspect of our treatment. We are dedicated to providing advanced care in a compassionate environment.
MISSION, VISION, VALUES
- Our Mission: Providing comprehensive behavioral health services to improve the quality of life for our patients and their families.
- Our Vision: To be the leading provider in behavioral health recovery.
- Our Values are what truly make us stand out. They include:
- Family: We treat each other like family, and we empathize with and support the families who have a loved one with a mental illness.
- Service: We treat our internal and external customers the way we would want to be treated, being especially responsive to the needs of concerned and sensitive family members whose loved one is in our care.
- Exceptional Patient Outcomes: We diligently measure our quality of care and resulting outcomes to improve treatment delivery systems and processes that impact those outcomes.
- Ethics: We uphold the highest standards of ethical behavior at all times.
- Easy Access and Efficient Mental Healthcare: We make it easy for people who need care to access our treatment programs, and we are committed to improve the relationship between cost and treatment output.
- Education and Training: We pledge to hire and develop those most qualified in our service industry.
- Altruism: We give back to the communities in which we operate. Our people volunteer time, talent, and treasure for charitable causes, especially for the mentally ill in our communities.